COVINGTON – Covington fire units responded to 452 N. Pearl St. in the village on Wednesday.
The call came in just after 7:30 a.m. Covington police units and the first fire engine on the scene reported heavy smoke showing.
The fire reportedly began in, or around, an upstairs closet, although no cause has yet been determined.
Firefighters had the blaze under control in 15-20 minute and were on the scene until around 10:30.
There were no injuries, but a family of four, two parents and two children were displaced by the fire. They are being cared for by the American Red Cross.
The fire remains under investigation, but is not considered suspicious.