Ben Gover and Ron Pearson shared low gross honors with 36 in the Wednesday Industrial League at Echo Hills.
Kyle Bachman was third with 37.
Brian Wylds was low net with 31.
Mike Butsch was second with 32 and Bryan Butsch was third with 33.
Smitty’s Bike Shop 22.5
Dr. Steve Koon Optometrist 21.5
Mulligan’s Pub 19
Adam & Eve 17.5
Long Shots 14.5
Joe Thoma Jewelers 14.5
Patriot Fence 10.5
3 Bros & The “Law” 8
Francis Office Supply 7.5
The Piqua girls basketball program has scheduled their annual golf scramble event for July 16 at Echo Hills Golf Course. Registration is now open. Door prize donations and hole sponsorships are being secured.
It will be an 8 a.m. shotgun start, with registration beginning at 7 a.m.
Cost is $60 and includes all contests, riding cart, lunch and various awards.
For more information, contact Kenneth Stewart at (937) 606-2110 or [email protected]
set for June
The GHB Classic golf outing will again be held on June 4 at Stillwater Valley Golf Club.
It will be a 10 a.m. shotgun start.
Sign-ins are at 9:30 a.m.
It is a four-man best ball tournament open the the public.
Entry fee is $60 and there is pay out top three places.
There are longest drives and closest to the pin payout for both men and women.
All proceeds go to the George Brading Scholarship fund. This is a scholarship given out yearly at the high school to one senior student attending college. Also there is a sit down meal following the tournament included in the price.
For more information, contact Dave Brading at (937) 773-1962.
at Echo Hills
The Covington Bucc Boosters will hold their annual golf outing at Echo Hills on June 25 with an 8 a.m. shotgun start.
The tournament is limited to the first 25 teams and fills up quickly. The tournament format provides sponsorship opportunities for local businesses and individuals to help support Covington Athletics. The format is a 4-person best ball scramble format. Our goal is to make this scramble unique and memorable and raise money to help support Covington athletics at the same time. There will be lots of prizes, good food, and some specialty holes, incorporating other sports, that you wouldn’t normally find at a golf scramble.
There are currently still openings for teams.
Entry and sponsorship details are available at https://www.facebook.com/BuccBoosters, and http://www.gobuccs.com/golf_scramble.pdf .
The Newton Athletic Department will be hosting the third annual Newton Golf Outing at Turtle Creek Golf Course in Greenville.
The event will be held on June 11th with an 8 a.m. hotgun start.
The deadline for entering is June 1.
If you’d be interested in playing in the event and/or sponsoring this event, please contact Gavin Spitler, athletic director at Newton 676-2002 ext. 1011.
Grand Lake United Club soccer tryouts are May 24 and May 31 at Deam Park in Sidney from 6:30-8 p.m.
* Before tryouts, please register with our club at www.grandlakeunited.com (you are not obligated to GLU if you register)
* Tryouts are open to players born from 1998-2008
* Dress in shorts / WHITE t-shirt / soccer cleats / shin-guards
* Bring your own ball, your birth certificate (new players only), and water
* Players will be put through several drills
* Coaches will be on-hand for feedback & instruction
* While the players scrimmage, there will be a Parent Info Session
* There is no fee or cost for these sessions
* You only need to attend one tryout date, but feel free to attend both if you wish
* Returning players need not attend tryouts – however, it is encouraged that returning players attend so we can assess everyone
* New players must attend at least one tryout to be considered – if you cannot make these dates, please let us know and we will arrange a private tryout
Anyone with questions can contact Tom Wiseman at937-726-7356 or email – [email protected]
The 23rd annual Matt Light Football Camp will be held at Harmon Field in Greenville in June 13-14.
It is for ages 8-14 and registration deadline is June 6.
For more information, call (937) 417-5134 or email [email protected]