Restaurant inspections are performed in the county by Miami County Public Health, except in Piqua, which has its own health department.
• Dollar General No. 9878, 9036 Looney Road, Piqua — Satisfactory at time of inspection.
• Murphy USA No. 7268, 1302 E. Ash St., Piqua — Satisfactory at the time of inspection.
• Noah’s House Christian Daycare, 608 W. High St., Piqua — No thermometer in downstairs refrigerator. Provide so temperature can be monitored.
Dishes not being rinsed before being sanitized. Must wash with soapy water, rinse with clean water and sanitize with chlorine or quat. Handouts given. Repeat issue.
No paper towels at hand sink. Provide so hands can be properly washed. Corrected.
Person living in store room area. People are not permitted in store room area. People are not permitted to stay in areas where food single-serve items are kept.
• Aldi Inc. No. 60, 1243 E. Ash St., Piqua — Satisfactory at the time of inspection.
• Grissom’s Beverage Center, 633 W. High St., Piqua — Satisfactory at the time of inspection.
• Family Dollar Store of Ohio No. 2198, 633 W. High St., Piqua — Ceiling leaks. Repair. A contractor has been contacted.
• Whole Health For The Whole Family, 22 S. Weston Road, Troy — No violations observed at time of inspection.
• Budget Inn, 1330 Archer Drive, Troy — Critical violation: TCS foods were not being held at the proper temperature, Milk was observed at 61F and waffles at 74F. Food discarded. Observed equipment, food-contact surfaces and utensils were not being sanitized. No sanitizer was availble for use. PIC stated they were cleaning dishes in the hand sink.
• Subway, 1281 S. Dorset Road, Troy — Observed accumulation of soil residue on nonfood-contact surfaces of the seasoning shakers and handles of equipment. Critical violation: observed the air gap between a plumbing fixture and a piece of equipment that was not sufficient to prevent back siphonage of contaminated water. The end of hose at the utility sink was found in the bottom of the sink.
• Cookson Elementary School, 921 Mystic Lane, Troy — Discussed food code changes with manager. No violations observed.
• Little York Tavern, 116-118 W. Main St., Troy —Previous issues have be resolved at this time.
• Honeybaked, 771 W. Market St., Troy — No violations observed at time of inspection.
• Papa Johns, 779 W. Market St., Troy — Critical violation: observed refrigerated, ready-to-eat, TCS foods held refrigerated for more than 24 hours were not properly date marked. The hoagie were dated for 14 days according to their dating chart. Observed fixed equipment did not appear to be properly sealed or spaced for cleaning. The caulking on both hand sinks are cracked and in disrepair. Critical violation: observed the air gap between a plumbing fixture and a piece of equipment that was not sufficient to prevent back siphonage of contaminated water. The pipe of the food prep sink was sunk inside the bell pipe, not allowing an air gap required.