• VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL: The Fletcher United Methodist Church presents VBS 2015 — “Message Received” from 6-8 p.m. The program is open to children ages 5 through fifth grade, with games, snacks, singing and more.
• OPTIMISTS MEET: The Troy Noon Optimist Club will meet at noon at LaPiazza. Paul Bremigan, Troy High School basketball coach, will speak.
• MOMS AND TOTS: The Miami County Park District will hold its Trailing Moms & Tots program from 10 a.m. to noon at Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, south of Tipp City. This program is for expectant mothers, mothers and tots 0 to five years of age. Participants can socialize, play and exercise during this walk. There may even craft time. Be sure to dress for the weather. Register for the program by going to the program calendar at MiamiCountyParks.com, e-mailing [email protected] or calling (937) 335-6273, Ext. 104.
• TRAINING CAMP: Join staff at the Troy-Miami County Public Library, 419 W. Main St., Troy. for the program “Superhero Training Camp” at 6:30 p.m. Test your superpowers through games and activities. This program is for children of all ages. For more information, call 339-0502, Ext. 121, or visit www.tmcpl.org.
• WHAT’S YOUR STORY: Kids have the opportunity to write their own story or create their own comic book at the Milton-Union Public Library. Budding authors can join children’s librarian Wendy Heisey from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
• CRAFTY LISTENERS: The Crafty Listenersgather from 1-2:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library in West Milton. This group of women are listening to “Sisterchicks on the Loose” by Robin Jones Gunn while working on joint and individual craft projects. Both experienced crafters and those wanting to learn are welcome.
• SALAD AND POTATOES: Enjoy a baked potato bar for $3.50 or a salad bar for $3.50 or have both for $6. at the American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, beginning at 6 p.m.
• The Tipp City Parks Advisory Committee will meet at 7 p.m. at the Tipp City Government Center.
• The Police and Fire Committee of Village Council will meet at 6 p.m. prior to the council meeting.
• Laura Village Council will meet at 7 p.m. in the Municipal building.
• Brown Township Board of Trustees will meet at 8 p.m. in the Township Building in Conover.
• The Union Township Trustees will meet at 1:30 p.m. in the Township Building, 9497 Markley Road, P.O. Box E, Laura. Call 698-4480 for more information.
• The Miami County Educational Service Center Governing Board will meet at 5 p.m. at 2000 W. Stanfield Road, Troy.
• VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL: The Fletcher United Methodist Church presents VBS 2015 — “Message Received” from 6-8 p.m. The program is open to children ages 5 through fifth grade, with games, snacks, singing, and much more.
• YOUTH READING PROGRAM: Casstown United Methodist Church, 102 Center St., offers reading program for youth entering grades K-6. Program runs Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and includes crafts, games, music, tips for healthy living, lunch, an afternoon snack, and presentations by special guests. For more information, call Pastor Maggie Sykes at (937) 339-4828.
• TINY TOTS: What’s that loud siren? That’s what Tiny Tots will be asking today from 1-1:30 p.m. at the Milton-Union Public Library in West Milton. This program is for children from newborns to preschoolers and their caretakers and includes stories, games, songs and crafts.
• TEEN TIE DYE: Wear your creativity! Bleach or tie dye clothing items at the Milton-Union Public Library with Young Adult Specialist Dawn Merritt today at 2:30 p.m. Bring your own items to dye; all other supplies are provided. This free program is for ages 12 and up.
• PINTEREST CRAFTING: Make a “prism of light” with mason jars and glass beads at the July “Pinterest Craft of the Month” at Milton-Union Public Library from 6-7:30 p.m. All supplies are provided and registration is required. Call 698-5515 to sign up.
• BIRTHDAY PARTY: The American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, will celebrate their quarterly birthday carry-in starting at 6 p.m. Participants will be celebrating birthdays for July, August and September. Come and help wish them a happy birthday and bring your favorite dish to share. A cake and paper products will be provided.
• CLASS MEETING: The Piqua High School class of 1951 will meet at Buffalo Jack’s in Covington at 11:30 a.m. No reservations are required. Orders will be placed from the menu.
• The village of West Milton Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. in council chambers.
• KIWANIS MEETING: The Troy Kiwanis will meet at noon at the Troy Country Club. Josh Bunch will be speaking on Crossfit and how it is for every age.
• BOOKMOBILE: The Troy-Miami County Public Library’s Bookmobile will make a stop at 2 p.m. at Lost Creek Reserve. The event will include family-friendly activities, story times, and make and take crafts. To make a reservation to attend, call 335-6273.
• SUPERHERO ADVENTURE: Children of all ages can come to the Pleasant Hill Library at 1 p.m. and enjoy a story, craft and her activity. The event will be held every Wednesday.
• KIWANIS MEETING: The Piqua Kiwanis will meet at noon at The Bistro Room, 1876 Commercie Drive, Piqua. Beth Deutscher, executive director, will speak on the Home Ownership Center of Greater Dayton and St. Mary Development Corporation. For more information, call Brian Phillips at 778-1586 or visit www.freewebs.com/piquakiwanis/.
• STORY TIME: Miami County Parks District’s John De Boer talks about rocks and “The Power of Kryptonite” at a special Story Time today at the Milton-Union Public Library. The program is geared towards kindergarten through fifth graders and is offered at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. The library is located at 560 S. Main St.
• CRAFTACULAR: Adult Services Specialist Kim Brubaker hosts a special craft night starting 6 p.m. every Wednesday during the summer at the Milton-Union Public Library. Registration is required, as all supplies are provided. Call 698-5515 to reserve a spot.
• TOM’S COOK: Come to the American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, and enjoy a sandwich from Tom’s cook. Never more than $3 from 6-8 p.m.
• The Elizabeth Township Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. in the township building, 5710 Walnut Grove Road, Troy.
• The Covington Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. in the Covington Middle School for a regular board meeting.
• CONQUER CLUTTER: Olive Wagar, a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers, will be your hero in your quest for organization at 6:30 p.m. at 12 N. Main St., Pleasant Hill. No registration is required for this free program. For more information, visit www.organizedbyolive.com.
• ROCK MAN: Mike Manning, a.k.a. “The Rock Man,” holds a special program at the Milton-Union Public Library tonight. He will share his experience as a rock hunter and collector, and give each child a geode to take home! The free event starts at 6:30 p.m. Call 698-5515 for more information.
• HIGH NOONERS: The ladies of Milton-Union Public Library’s “High Nooners” book discussion group get their reading selection from Amazon’s “Best Books of the Month” this time. “Me Before You,” by Jojo Moyes, is a love story between a shy caretaker and a caustic wheelchair-bound man that ends in a catharsis that will wring out your heart and leave you feeling fearless, according to Amazon. Join the discussion from noon to 1:30 p.m.
• LEPC MEETING: The quarterly Miami County LEPC will be at 4 p.m. at the Miami County Communication Center, 210 Marybill Drive, Troy.
• SLOPPY JOES: The American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, will serve sloppy joes sandwiches for $3, French fries for $1 and cookies two for 50 cents beginning at 6 p.m. Euchre starts at 7 p.m. for $5.
• HERB SOCIETY: The Miami County Herb Society will meet at 7 p.m. at Lost Creek Reserve. The program will be “ Homeopathy — What is it?” presented by Amy Stueve. Guests are welcome.
• SALAD LUNCHEON: The Women’s Fellowship of the Covington Christian Church will again have salad luncheons on the third Friday of each of the next five months. The lunch includes a large assortment of homemade salads, desserts and finger sandwiches from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Diners can enjoy the specialty, “hot chicken salad.” A drink is included for $6. Carry-outs are available upon request. The church is located at 115 N. Pearl St., Covington, and is air conditioned and handicapped accessible.
• PULLED PORK: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a pulled pork sandwich and baked beans for $8 from 6-7:30 p.m.
• STEAK DINNER: The Troy Fish & Game will offer New York strip dinners beginning at 6 p.m.
• CHICKEN AND RICE: The American Legion Auxiliary Unit 586, Tipp City, will serve sweet and sour chicken over rice, salad and dessert for $7 from 6-7:30 p.m.
• FARMERS MARKET: The Miami County Farmer’s Market will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at its new location, Lowe’s parking lot. Regular early offerings will be available.
• OLD COUNTRY: The People Of The Ohio Country will be at the Overfield Tavern Museum, 201 E. Water St., Troy, from 1-5 p.m. There will be demonstrations in the backyard of the museum of everyday activities such as cooking, fabric dying, leather craft and other skills common to pioneer life on the Ohio Frontier. For more information visit the museum website at www.overfieldtavernmuseum.com or on Facebook at Overfield Tavern Museum.
• RUN/WALK: The Covington Outreach Association will be hosting it’s Eighth annual COA 5K Run/Walk at 8 a.m. On-site same day registration will be $20 (with no T-shirt provided) on the morning of the race beginning at 7 a.m. The 5K Scenic River Run/Walk will begin near Stillwater Community Church, 7900 West Sugar Grove, Covington, at the intersection of Sugar Grove and Owens Road. Parking will be available at and near the church. For more information, call (937) 473-2415 or email [email protected] for more details. Proceeds benefit Covington Community Food Pantry and the outreach ministries of Covington Outreach Association.
• PORK CHOPS: The Pleasant Hill VFW Post 6557, 7578 W. Fenner Road, Ludlow Falls, will offer a marinated pork chop (non-marinated pork chops available upon request) dinner with baked potato and corn for $9 from 5-7 p.m.
• NIGHT HIKE: Brukner Nature Center will have a night hike at 9 p.m. at the center. Exploring the BNC woods during the day can be fun but being able to explore at night is an adventure. Join a BNC naturalist as you take off into the woods. Free and open to the public.
• PUBLIC STAR GAZE: Join the Stillwater Stargazers and explore the starry night sky at 10 p.m. at Brukner Nature Center. Members will have their telescopes set up to answer questions. This program is free and open to the public, following the night hike.
• SHRED FEST: Shred Fest 2015 will be held from 8 a.m. to noon at the Miami County Fairgrounds, 650 N. County Road 25-A, Troy.
• FREE MOVIE: A young woman discovers her destiny as an heiress of intergalactic nobility and must fight to protect the inhabitants of Earth from an ancient and destructive industry in this free film at the Milton-Union Public Library’s “Movie Matinee.”
• RIBS: The Troy Fish & Game will offer barbecued ribs beginning at 6 p.m.
• OPEN HOUSE: The West Milton Fire Department will have an open house and car wash from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the station. Visitors can come tour the station and look through the fire trucks. Those interested can get their car washed, with all donations going to the John Schultz Christmas Fund to help local families in need during the holidays.
• KARAOKE: American Legion Post 586, Tipp City, will host karaoke from 7 p.m. to close.