Hale graduates OU
PIQUA — Isaac Hale, the son of Roger and Jeanne Hale of Piqua, recently graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Visual Communication from Ohio University.
Hale, a former Piqua Daily Call intern, received the Ira T. Zook Award, which is awarded to a graduating senior in recognition for his outstanding service and dedication to the Singing Men of Ohio of which he was a four-year member. He was also a member of Section 8, a select a capella group auditioned out of the Singing Men.
Hale was also honored as the Ohio College Photographer of the Year by the Ohio News Photographers Association and is presently interning at the Minneapolis Star Tribune as a photojournalist.
Robbins earns scholarship
CIRCLEVILLE — Haley Robbins of Troy is the recipient of the Rev. W.L. Cozad Memorial Scholarship from Ohio Christian University. Robbins is studying Youth Ministries.
McNutt receives degree
SCRANTON, Pa. — Kendra Mcnutt of Piqua was among those earning a master’s degree at The University of Scranton’s graduate commencement, held on campus May 28.
Mcnutt earned a Master of Science degree with a major in educational administration from The University of Scranton.
UF announces spring graduates
FINDLAY — More than 500 graduates were awarded degrees from the University of Findlay in spring 2016.
Local students include:
• Nicklaus Brown of Piqua, received a bachelor of science degree in Animal Science and Biology.
• Zacharey Kinninger of Troy received a master of arts degree in Education.
• Emily Smith of Piqua received a bachelor of science degree in Animal Science. Smith graduated from the University with the academic designation of cum laude.
• Reid Wynkoop of Troy received a bachelor of science degree in Computer Science and Mathematics.
Students named to dean’s list
NORTH CANTON — The following students earned Walsh University dean’s list honors for the spring 2016 semester:
• Olivia Edgell of Fletcher
• Jenna Kronenberger of Piqua.