PIQUA — The Piqua Public Library is partnering with Edison State Community College to offer a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) workshop on Tuesday, March 1, at the library.
This is a drop-in event, with arrival between 5 and 6:30 p.m. suggested. Students and their families can ask questions and go, or stay to fill out their forms with expert assistance.
FAFSA application forms can be sent to any college or university you choose. This is NOT an Edison-only event.
Attendees can bring their own laptops or use those provided at the event. Other items needed:
Bring the following records for you and your parents (unless you are an independent student as defined by federal criteria), or your spouse (if you are married) so you can more easily complete the FAFSA:
• Social Security Number (can be found on your Social Security card)
• Driver’s license (if any)
• 2015 federal income tax returns (if you haven’t completed returns for 2015, bring 2014 federal tax returns, W-2 forms, and records of other money earned during the year):
— IRS Pin Number
— IRS Form 1040,
— foreign tax return
— tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia.
• Records of untaxed income for 2015:
— Social Security
— Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
— Veterans’ benefits
— Current bank statements
• Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
• Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen