BRADFORD — Numerous events are taking place in upcoming weeks at the Bradford Public Library, 138 E. Main St., including:
• Tuesday, Nov. 10 from 6-7 p.m. — Teen Mentoring for elementary students in the area of reading. Sign up in advance at (937) 448-2612 so we can be prepared for your child. The Teen Mentoring program will be the second and fourth Tuesday of every month.
• Saturday, Nov. 14 from 11 a.m. to noon. — Darke County American Red Cross Chapter offering its home-emergency “Pillow Case Project” for children ages 6-12. Sign up early by calling the library.
• Thursday, Nov. 19 – “Kraft Evening with Kathy” — Participants will be making a replica of a “Frozen” wreath. Class size is limited and the fee will be less than $10. Call to sign up.
• Saturday, Nov. 21 – “Couponing with Jim” — Come meet our area expert and learn how you can save money by following some of Jim’s ideas! This is just the first course on couponing from Jim Shoffner! Meet in the Community Room from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Call to sign up so materials can be made especially for you.
• Friends/Volunteers of Bradford Public Library will meet at 3:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 23. We will be asking for brainstorming ideas for support of Bradford Public Library and also preparing for the Dec. 4-5 Friends Craft Fair! Call the library for additional information.
• The library will be closed for Thanksgiving on Thursday, Nov. 26, and reopen for regular Friday and Saturday hours.
• Saturday, Nov. 28 — Bradford Public Library is inviting all Lego lovers and aficionados to help build our Lego Christmas Village and Santa Claus Town. We will have a new building to add this year. All Legos will be provided for this project. Come in anytime between 10 a.m and 12:30 p.m. The second Saturday to help build the Christmas project will be Saturday, Dec. 12 during the same times. This activity is recommended for kids 10 years and up through adults. You don’t need to sign up, just come and join in the fun! The village and Santa Town will be displayed throughout the library with the names of the builders.