PIQUA — A utility shed caught fire on Wednesday morning but the blaze was kept at bey by bystanders until Piqua firefighters arrived.

Firefighters were dispatched to 316 East Ash Street just before 11 a.m. on the report of a shed on fire.

Apparently, a bag containing a hot metal spring was placed in close proximity to the wooden shed. The spring ignited the wood, which also spread to a small trailer.

Bystanders and employees from nearby businesses quickly responded as the call went out to the Piqua Fire Department. They brought multiple small fire extinguishers and buckets of water. Their efforts knocked the fire down until firefighters, who arrived in only minutes, arrived and finished putting out the fire.

There is no damage estimate available but a small trailer was heavily damaged as was one side of the shed.

There were no injuries and firefighters were on the scene for about 20 minutes.

comments powered by Disqus