Family displaced by fire


PIQUA – Carelessly discarded smoking materials are being blamed as the cause of a fire in Piqua on Friday afternoon.

Piqua and Covington firefighters responded to the 300 block of third Street in the Shawnee section of Piqua just before 6 PM.

The blaze was confined mostly to one upstairs bedroom.

There were no injuries in the blaze but the family has been temporarily displaced. The American Red Cross has been contacted to assist them.

No damage estimate is yet available.

comments powered by Disqus