BRADFORD — Several events are coming up at the Bradford Public Library, 138 E. Main St., including:
• Summer Reading Club overview for parents, friends and family of home schooled children, child-care providers and anyone interested — “Get Ready, Get Set … READ!” will be held by Cherie Roeth, library director on Tuesday, May 26 beginning at 6 p.m. This time should allow for school lessons to be over and children to be picked up from most childcare locations. We will be going over all activities for the various age groups, preschoolers thru grade 1, grades 2-5, grades 6-12 and adults, in addition to promoting leisure reading during the summer.
Bradford Public Library is very service-oriented and works very hard to complement the curriculums of the various school entities. Contact Cherie Roeth at (937) 448-2612 for further information, and to sign-up so that appropriate materials can be made for you. We will be meeting in the library’s Community Room.
• Bradford Public Library sign-ups for the Summer Reading Program – “Get Ready, Get Set … READ,” will take place through June 30. Applications, calendars and reading sheets are available at the library and any of our Staff Librarians can answer questions or assist you in any way. BPL will kick off the summer reading program with a “Chalk Walk” event on Monday, May 23, at 2 p.m. Each participant or team of two, will be assigned a section of the library’s sidewalk to promote an event that will take place this summer. Chalk will also be provided.
After the artistic session, the sidewalk sections will be judged by a local artist and something special will be given to the top three. Bradford Public Library is also very excited that the summer reading program will be advertised by our youth for everyone to see! Contact the library at (937) 448-2612 to sign-up for a sidewalk section.
• Summer Reading Club events through the second week of June and many provide STEAM activities (science, technology, engineering, the arts and math). Please sign up in advance for the activities.
Please note that Bradford Public Library will be closed Saturday, May 28, and Monday, May 30, due to the Memorial Day weekend.
• Thursday, June 2, 1-2:30 p.m. – Teen activity – “You Are What You Eat!”
• Monday, June 6, 1-4 p.m. – All ages — Movie Monday and Bingo
• Wednesday, June 8, 6-7 p.m. – Adults – Meet with Karen Droesch, nutritionist, for the first half hour, with a group walk following. All materials will be provided .