Locals to travel for summer
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Belmont will break its previous record of student travelers participating in summer study abroad opportunities as 506 students pack their bags to travel all over the world. Summer travelers include:
Claudia Barhorst of Tipp City, who traveled to England.
John Longenecker of Covington, who traveled to Italy.
Dean’s, president’s lists announced
• ASHLAND — To be eligible for the spring dean’s list , a student must be enrolled full-time at Ashland University and achieve at least a 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
Shannon Riell of Conover was named to Ashland University’s dean’s list for the spring 2016 semester. Riell is majoring in early childhood intervention specialist. She is the daughter of Bonnie Riell. Riell is a 2012 graduate of Olentangy High School.
Tyler Henry of Covington was named to Ashland University’s dean’s list for the spring 2016 semester. Henry is majoring in sport communication and religion. He is the son of Michelle Henry of Covington. Henry is a 2014 graduate of Covington High School.
Nicole Casner of Fletcher was named to Ashland University’s dean’s list for the spring 2016 semester. Casner is majoring in nursing. She is the daughter of Jonathan and Gloria Casner of Fletcher. Casner is a 2014 graduate of Bethel High School.
• HAYS, Kan. — Carrie Nichole Johnson, a senior majoring in psychology, was named to the Dean’s Honor Roll for the spring 2016 semester at Fort Hays State University.
• DAYTON — The following local residents made the University of Dayton dean’s list for achieving a minimum 3.5 GPA for the spring 2016 semester.
Piqua — Travis Nees, Elle Seiss, Chelsea Smith, Kerrie Josefovsky, Meghan Burner, Logan Cordonnier
Tipp City — Cole Barney, Meggan Bridgett, Megan Bruening, Cameron Cerbus, Katherine Gross, Ashton Kiplinger, Carter Langdon, John Mattes, Brooke Smith, Jacob Watson, Jordan Watson, Sydney Jackson and Jenna Schairbaum, Sydney Flora, Monica Rook and Emily Braisted.
TROY — Gabrielle Castaldo, Jared Neely, Cassandra Rice, Mackenzie Rice, Jordan Slone and Craig Timms.
• GLENVILLE, W.V. – Ivee Kaye of Piqua, has been named to the Glenville State College president’s honor roll for the spring 2016 semester.
To be named to the president’s honor roll, students must have a 4.0 grade point average and be enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester hours.
• CINCINNATI — Local students have been named to the dean’s list at the University of Cincinnati for the spring 2016 semester. They include:
Piqua — Jacqueline Alexander, Taylor Baumeister, Brandon Bercot, Tyler Bergman, Kendall Grunkemeyer, Megan Jones, Bradley Kaeck, Alain Kuchta, Courtney Magoto, Susan Reinke, Alexandria Rohrbaugh, Kyle Stumpff and David Wysong.
Tipp City — Anna Barhorst, Rachel Bruns, Matthew Davis, Claire Dynes, Kevin Fink, Kathryn Haley, Matthew Krauskopf, Jenna Kremer, Cheyenne Krieger, Heidi Layman, Benjamin Marcum, Kyle Melling, Tia Miller, Kathryn Snyder, Nuthapol Suppakitjarak, Frank Viskup, Madison Waitzman, Ashton Weethee and Linxi Yang.
Troy — Michael Barkett, Jenni Bolton, Taylor Bruner, Macen Cancino, Alexander Clark, Margaret Conover, Loren Covington, Lauren Dunfee, Ashlyn Evers, Kelly Fischer, Maxwell Goodall, Molly Green, Dakota Hampton, Alec Hare, Tyler Hare, Abreanna Jacobs, Grant Kasler, Madeline Kleptz, Paul Lamm, Luke Manis, Bridget McCormick, Lindsey Monnin, Asheev Patel, Emma Pence, Brian Pennington, Hailey Pierce, Sarah Reinhard, Jillian Ross, Kathryn Schirmann, Megan Schreiber, Skipper Cole, Colin Smith, Bradley Stapleton, Derek Staten, Michaela Welbaum, Leslie Wynkoop and Jenee Zweidinger.
Covington — Sadie Canan, Ryan Craft, Robert Gengler, Bryton Lear, Bethany Richards, Wesley Root, Halie Winn,
West Milton — Kacie Lucas.
Laura — Claire Neiswander.
Ludlow Falls — Zackery Steck.