PIQUA — For a fifth season, members of the Piqua community will pair up with pro partners to trip the light fantastic during Dancing with the Piqua Stars sponsored by Mark Reedy at Thrivent Financial.
This year’s event, which takes place Saturday, April 16, will be held once again at A Learning Place on RM Davis Parkway. Two shows will be offered — a dessert matinee at 1 p.m. (doors 12:15 p.m.) and a dinner performance at 8 p.m. (doors 6 p.m., dinner 7 p.m.).
Tickets for both shows are on sale at Readmore’s Hallmark, 430 N. Main St., Piqua, with dinner performance tickets costing $30 each, and dessert matinee tickets costing $10 apiece.
Rick and Judy Bowerman of RJ Ballroom will once again be working with six star dancers from the community, who have been matched with a pro dance partner. This year’s dancers are:
• Amanda Brown, owner of balanceYoga by Amanda in downtown Piqua. Her partner will be Scott Clark, who has been ballroom dancing for five years with RJ Ballroom and is a past winner of the Technical Merit Trophy.
• Ann Hoover, director of Piqua Compassion Network. Her partner will be David Siefring, who has been ballroom dancing for more than 20 years. This is his third year in the competition.
• Adam Jacomet, sales and marketing manager for Brookdale of Troy, and an ardent lover of music. He will be paired with Dr. Kristene Clark, the two-time defending Mirror Ball Trophy winner who has been dancing with RJ Ballroom for five years.
• Aaron Scott, co-owner of Schoot Steel and LTL Transportation in Piqua. His partner is pro dancer Maria Hogston, who is married to fellow alumni pro dancer Bill Hogston. This is her fifth year in Dancing with the Piqua Stars.
• David Littlejohn, who runs an optometry practice in Piqua. He is teamed up with Amy Williams, who has been dancing with RJ Ballroom for several years and is in her fifth year with Dancing with the Piqua Stars.
• Sarah Jane Magoteaux, a sixth grade teacher at Piqua Central Intermediate School. Her partner will be Mark Jones, who is dancing for his third year for Dancing with the Piqua Stars.
For more information about Dancing with the Piqua Stars and the dancers, as well as an interview with Piqua Arts Council Executive Director Jordan Knepper, see the April 14 issue of iN75 magazine.