Warrant issued for pursuit suspect who crashed into Covington home
Round-up checks up on local sex offenders
Troy Police veteran promoted to sergeant
Friday Night Lights – Week 9
- Warrant issued for pursuit suspect who crashed into Covington home - 12:51 pm
- Everything on line Friday - 12:50 pm
- Ensuring a free, fair election - 12:43 pm
- Writer’s Club offers community to local writers - 12:29 pm
- Miami County Foundation awards grants - 11:47 am
- Area briefs - 11:26 am updated: 11:36 am.
- A Dunn deal: Piqua teacher receives award - 11:04 am updated: 11:06 am.
- County FFA members attend convention - 10:07 am
- ‘Troy Week’ gets even bigger - 2:03 am
- PCS forecast to remain in the black - 8:30 pm
- Teens pitch in to prettify park - 3:45 pm
- Kiwanis youth grounds collect for UNICEF - 3:36 pm updated: 3:37 pm.
- Piqua police reports highlights - 3:11 pm
- 911 center renovations approved - 2:40 pm
- Commissioners: ‘We have recovered’ - 2:14 pm
- Edison to honor Korean War vets - 1:51 pm
- Area briefs - 1:36 pm updated: 2:38 pm.
- Miami County Sheriff’s Office reports - 1:17 pm
- Area briefs - 1:09 pm
- View Story - 11:37 am updated: 11:41 am.
- Round-up checks up on local sex offenders - 10:58 am
- Arsonist sentenced to 17 months in prison - 11:02 pm updated: 12:41 pm.
- Sheriff’s Office conducts sex offender sweep - 10:05 pm updated: 3:02 pm.
- Two more subjects incarcerated for Union Twp. invasion - 1:55 pm
- YMCA offering lifeguard certification - 10:06 am
- Area briefs - 7:08 pm
- Resturant inspections - 5:58 pm updated: 6:07 pm.
- Piqua to vote on charter amendments - 3:29 pm
- Two candidates vie for sheriff’s seat - 2:27 pm
- Cousins reunite to relive Piqua memories - 12:25 pm
- Crisis Text Line offers ‘hope’ for Ohioans - 9:51 am
- Knepp, Covington girls, Russia girls win district titles - 11:26 pm updated: 6:28 pm.
- Mayse takes fourth at D-I district; Spitzer second in D-II - 10:49 pm
- No stopping Lehman volleyball; Lady Cavs win sectional title in five sets - 10:05 pm
- Real estate transactions - 9:42 pm
- Piqua football enjoying change of fortune; riding six-game win streak - 9:27 pm
- Friday Night Lights – Week 9 - 12:49 pm
- Premier Health hospitals earn Healthgrades distinctions - 11:11 am
- Premier Health Plan receives 4-star rating - 9:50 am
- Buccs celebrate Senior Night with win over Trail - 7:37 am
- Smashing cancer - 1:04 am
- Piqua gets big win over Tippecanoe 27-20 - 10:02 pm
- Congressional candidates talk drugs, debt - 4:13 pm updated: 4:15 pm.
- Pet of the Week - 4:09 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Reader’s vote is for Mahan - 3:59 pm
- Tri-County Mental Health renewal levy on ballot - 3:09 pm
- Suspect from pursuit still at large - 2:50 pm
- Collins, Sanders wed - 2:47 pm
- Rotary fundraiser to assist Haiti - 2:26 pm
- Crystal’s Creations strives for ‘absolute perfection’ - 2:16 pm
PCS forecast to remain in the black
PIQUA – The forecast for Piqua City Schools over the next couple of years is “looking good,” according to Jeremie Hittle, the distri...
Teens pitch in to prettify park
Provided photoOn Oct. 22, teens from St. Boniface and St. Mary Parishes and their friends, volunteered to clean up Mote Park in Piqua. Pictured are: J...
Kiwanis youth grounds collect for UNICEF
PIQUA — Piqua High School Key Club and Piqua Junior High Builders Club will continue their support of Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF on Monday, Oct. ...
Piqua police reports highlights
PIQUA — The following are highlights from the Piqua police reports. All information is provided by Piqua police reports.UNRULY JUVENILE: A juven...
911 center renovations approved
MIAMI COUNTY — On Tuesday, the Miami County Commissioners awarded contracts for renovations to the county’s Communication Center.The proje...
Commissioners: ‘We have recovered’
PIQUA — The Miami County chambers of commerce held the annual State of the County luncheon at the Fort Piqua Plaza on Tuesday, with Miami County...
Birth plan can lay foundation for mom’s desires
By Neil Salas, MDContributing columnistWomen play an active role in their health care decisions more than ever before and the birth of their child is ...
Knepp, Covington girls, Russia girls win district titles
By Rob [email protected] — Bradford sophomore Karmen Knepp won the Cedarville D-III district race Saturday in school record...
Mayse takes fourth at D-I district; Spitzer second in D-II
By Rob [email protected] — The time may not have been the one Piqua senior Andy Mayse had been looking for.But, it was plen...
No stopping Lehman volleyball; Lady Cavs win sectional title in five sets
By Rob [email protected] — Everyone on the Catholic Central volleyball team knew where the ball was going.So did their bench a...
Piqua football enjoying change of fortune; riding six-game win streak
By Rob [email protected] weeks ago, you could have made a lot of money if you had said Piqua would be 7-2 and playing Troy for the GWOC ...
Friday Night Lights – Week 9
Mike Ullery | Daily CallSeniors Tristen Cox, 67, Josh Potter, 78, and Nate Monnin, 88, chat as they wait to be recognized during Piqua High School sen...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Benjamin Eli Yost, 30, of 441 Powell Street B, Monmouth, Ore. to Bethany Jean Brubaker, 38, of 102 Addison Street, Casstown.Melissa Dawn Moses, 31, of...
Miami County Marriages
Heidi Sue VandeKemp, 49, of 1301 Trade Square West Apt. 12, Troy to Clark Glen Powell, 66, of 897 Preston Drive, Waynesville.Ashlyn Brooke Root, 19, o...
Today-Sunday• HAUNTED WOODS: Come enjoy a kid-friendly evening filled with guided walks, live animals and costumed characters at Brukner Nature ...
Couple celebrating 60th anniversary
TROY — Paul R. and Delores (Clawson) Kerns of Troy will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary Oct. 27, 2016.The couple were married Oct. 27, ...
Crystal’s Creations strives for ‘absolute perfection’
PIQUA — Florist, decorator, wedding and party specialist — there are many ways to describe Crystal’s Creations and many ways owner a...
Smiths to celebrate 75 years
PIQUA — Lloyd and Virginia Smith will celebrate their 75th wedding anniversary Oct. 24, 2016.They were married in Piqua on Oct. 24, 1941.Long-ti...
A sprucing up
Provided photoThe Green Leaf Garden Club planted four different types of daffodils along the bike path just above French Park on Oct. 17. They were as...
Om…yoga is harder than it looks
My twin sister came home last weekend and had requested I find her a suitable yoga studio in the area. The last time I tagged along with her on an exe...
Make your judicial vote count on Nov. 8
To the Editor:Given the amount of media coverage devoted to the presidential election this year, many Ohioans may believe that the race for the Oval O...
Vote Trump to appoint justices
To the Editor:I am a World War II veteran. I am deeply concerned about the direction this country is heading with our current administration.Our newly...
A memo to Mike Pence
Subject: I don’t understand eitherDear Mr. Pence,Last week, you commented on Michelle Obama’s emotion-packed speech, which called out your...
Students attend Manufacturing Day
SIDNEY — High school students from Shelby and Miami counties left their classrooms Friday, Oct. 7, to participate in Manufacturing Day. Various ...
McColloch-Baker included in study group
PIQUA — McColloch-Baker lnsurance Service is part of an elite group of independent insurance agencies around the United States participating in ...
Should you pay off your mortgage early?
Many people who carry a home mortgage dream of the day when they will no longer face the burden of a monthly house bill. They want the financial freed...
Restauranter seeks fellow investors
PIQUA — Longtime businessman and restauranter John R. Irmscher is making his way to Piqua with the restaurant JT’s Brew & Grill in tow...
A warm invitation
In late spring and summer, it’s easy to envision ways to enhance your home’s curb appeal with a trimmed lawn, planted and potted brightly ...